Sunday, September 3, 2017

Feedback Thoughts for Me

The articles I read were: 8 Things to do when you make a mistake, and 5 Tips for taking feedback like a champ. I think both of the articles offered some valuable advice when it comes to dealing with failure and how to respond to criticism. They both emphasized the need to find a balance between failure and growth. Failure does not define me. It should be seen as a way to grow as a person and develop skills in multiple areas. I think I used to struggle to deal with criticism and feedback. I have become better at receiving critiques, but it still bothers me a bit when others do not fully appreciate my work. I understand that might be a bit selfish, but I try my best to take advice from others. I have definitely become better at this in college. I think a defining moment in college came from my freshman year. I learned that there is a distinct difference between feedback and criticism. When someone is providing feedback, it is not done with bad intent. They are trying to help me and assist me in progressing towards my goals. During high school, I received a lot of advice from my coaches in different sports. I think I benefited most from their feedback when I kept a positive mental attitude. I ran into negative experiences when I was unwilling to accept feedback from my teammates and peers. However, this was years ago during my teenage years. It hurts your mental state when you view every bit of advice as negative, and I learned to accept this.

(The positive mind and its psychology. Source: Wikipedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment