Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Reading Options for the Semester

When it comes to reading, I tend to be interested in things that are based on fantasy. I am a very big fan of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and I generally like anything that is similar to this kind of story. The first unit that grabbed my attention was Dante's Inferno. This story stuck out to me simply because I played the video game based on the story of Dante's Inferno years ago. I never actually read the book, so this is something I think I would be interested in reading. The second unit I looked at was the Egyptian Myth unit. This unit stuck out to me because I have some basic knowledge about Egyptian Mythology, and I have always wanted to learn more. The third unit that sparked my interest was the Monkey King. I have heard of the Monkey King before, but I have never taken the time to read the whole story. I think the intro to the story is very unique and something that makes me want to finish reading the unit. I am looking forward to reading all three of these units and many more during our class. 


(A film poster for Dante's Inferno. Source: Wikipedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment