Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Reading Notes: Fairy tales

I read through all of the stories and I liked the idea of The Fairytale (Three Roses) the best. I think that following a format similar to the classic fairy tale would suit my style of writing. I appreciated the story due to its surprising end. I was expecting something terrifying to happen to the daughter. Instead, the story took a weird twist and ended in a happy marriage. I think I could alter this story or something like it by changing the ending. I could make it end with an unfortunate event or take it in an entirely different direction. There are definitely a few ways I could go about retelling the story. We will find out tomorrow which direction I choose to take.


(A classic photo of Beauty and the Beast from 1913. Source: Wikipedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment