Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Fenway Park: My Favorite Place

Fenway Park - 

I have been a die hard Boston Red Sox since the year 2003. I have grown up loving the game of baseball, and I enjoy every opportunity to head to the ballpark for a game. My favorite place to watch a game of baseball is Fenway Park. I have been able to attend a handful of Red Sox games over the years. I have a lot of great memories with my family that are attached to Fenway Park. It is an incredible stadium, and it holds a lot of historical weight. Here is a picture of Fenway Park taken at the top of the "Green Monster".



(Fenway Park from the Green Monster: Wikipedia Commons)

2 comments:

  1. This is the first baseball-related place that I have seen this semester, Jake... but I am guessing it will not be the last. Baseball is something people are very passionate about... so it is not surprising that there are some famous baseball urban legends. Urban legends are very much a form of folklore and mythology in the modern era, so maybe you will want to think about a baseball-themed project for this class. Or you could explore the ball games of other cultures around the world. There's a story of a legendary ball game in the UnTextbook, for example: Cherokee: The Ball Game Of The Birds And Animals_ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jake!

    I too share the love for baseball. I played baseball from kindergarten all the way through High school so I too love the game. I have never been to Fenway but I've heard it is incredible. I have been to the Mariner's, Met's, Cardinal's, Ranger's, and Royal's stadiums though. What position did you play? I played all around the outfield, but I was a better hitter than I was a fielder.

    I also like to watch OU baseball so maybe I'll see you at a game there one day.

    ReplyDelete