Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Week 8 Reading and Writing

I think that the reading and writing has been going really well. I was a bit unsure of myself at the beginning and it took me a couple of weeks to find my rhythm. My favorite reading so far has probably been the Adventures of Sindbad unit. I just thought it had so much variety and creativity. There was a new story with each voyage. I also had never read anything related to Sindbad before, so it was definitely a refreshing read. My reading notes have definitely been helping me. It took me a couple of weeks to find the best method for note-taking. However, I think my bullet point lists have been a lot of help. I am certainly happy with the class project. The portfolio has been such a cool way for me to refine my stories. I think my biggest accomplishment has been learning to be creative in my writing. I am always looking for new ways to tell a story.

(A photo of Odysseus driving his stake into the eye of the cyclops. Source: Wikimedia Commons)

This is my favorite image because it came from my first story in the portfolio. I think it is a really cool image and represents the situation perfectly. This was definitely an awesome find for me.

Looking forward there are a couple of things I want to do. I would like to continue to develop my creative writing skills and think of new ways to tell stories. I would also like to work on developing more dialogue in my stories. I think it would also be beneficial to work on developing my portfolio site and add cool images and colors in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment